Walther’s Warriors Campaign

Madison Gilbert, Staff Writer

Go Fund Me for Mr. Walther

Student Government Association has started a Go Fund Me to help with Mr. David Walther’s medical expenses.  Click on the link to learn more and donate.

Every day, teachers have the opportunity to change their students’ lives. However, students seldom have the chance to change the lives of their teachers. Mr. David Walther, a longtime teacher, was traveling to the Grand Canyon when he developed a bad headache and was consequently given a CAT scan. After reaching the hosptital, he discovered he had a brain tumor. Later, he discovered that it was, in fact, brain cancer. Upon hearing about the diagnosis, Mary Claire Griffith, SGA Student Body President, decided she wanted to help. “I have not had Mr. Walther as a teacher, but I have seen how he has touched the lives of students at Pace, and I felt that we must step up and help him in his time of need,” Griffith says. 

The students of SGA decided that the best course of action would be to start a GoFundMe,  a popular online fundraising website. “I am overwhelmed with excitement over how well the GoFundMe is going so far, and I cannot wait to see what else the community will do to show love and support for one of our favorite teachers,” Griffith says. In just three days, the GoFundMe raised over $2,000 and has been shared by 1,000 people on Facebook. While this fundraiser is already making strides in the effort to help Mr. David Walther and his family, it is only the beginning.