Teacher Throwback: Bridget Head

Katie Rolin, Marketing

Bridget Head is known by the student body as Principal Shell’s Secretary, but what many students don’t know is that she was in Pace High’s first graduating class! The memories she made here will never leave her, no matter how many years pass. “Everything was a first; we got to choose the name Pace Patriots, Patriot Mascot and colors. It was exciting to pick out our class invitations, flower, motto, color, and song. We were allowed to go to the Bahamas on our class trip. It was awesome!” Head said.

Since she now works at the school, Head can see just how much it has changed from when she was a student. So much has changed over the years, and Head believes that nothing is the same anymore. “Everything has changed: dress code, rules, attendance, discipline, and the time school starts in the morning. I can’t think of any way that the school has stayed the same,” Head said. One thing that has not changed since the beginning of our school is the Patriot spirit. “We never won the football games, but we had a lot of spirit. We got to watch the football stadium being built and the gym. We actually had the graduation ceremony in the gym even though it was not finished,” Head said.

Head was involved in many clubs during her years at Pace. She was even a part of the Liberator staff and made the first Pace High School yearbook. “It was a lot easier to make the book back then since our student body was so small. There were 84 seniors in the first graduating class. Students actually knew each other since we were such a small school. What made it even more special was getting the yearbook signed by our classmates,” Head said.