Patriot Pages

• December 512/11- Interact Meeting

• December 512/13- FLC Meeting

• December 512/6- Beta Meetings before and after school

People of Pace: Noah Smith

Back to Article
Back to Article

People of Pace: Noah Smith

Megan Wright

Megan Wright

Megan Wright

Riley McPheeters, Editor in Chief of Print Media

As a senior involved in many clubs, Noah Smith holds a few notable positions. Smith is the president of SWAT (students working against tobacco), president of NHS (National Honor Society), and during his junior year, was the president of Beta Club. He is also the founder and vice president of PWCC (Patriot Wildlife Conservation Club). As a member of SWAT and the president, Smith wanted to emphasize how important it is to not use products like tobacco. “I really had to promote this club and get a lot of involvement. While doing this I also wanted to attempt to limit the influence that these products are beginning to have on teenagers,” Smith said. SWAT has participated in one school clean-up so far and plans to coordinate many more. “We want to not only help fight tobacco use, but to help reduce other common issues like the amount of trash. We want to do our part in this community and we started in our school. We want to keep our school looking amazing,” Smith said. In NHS, Smith’s focus is to organize the month’s events. He must also speak at each meeting, keep track of monthly requirements that the club holds, and sign off on receipt sheets. “NHS has a huge impact on the community. We are always helping families who come to us in need. Every month we work together with 500 members of the club to serve a specific project. We have provided cribs to the Gulf Coast Children’s House, thousands of cans to the Manna Food Bank, and hundreds of diapers to the Pregnancy Resource Center,” Smith said. While he maintains status in these clubs, Smith says his passion is PWCC. “I’ve always had an affinity for wildlife and our local ecosystems. I created the club because I wanted to bring other students who shared the same passion together – it is a great thing to be a part of in my last year of high school,” Smith said.  PWCC plans to work with local animal shelters and volunteer animal groups to work to improve local wildlife. Speaking of why he decided to participate in leadership, “I saw an opportunity to step up and lead those clubs and the school. I want the students and community to achieve greatness,” Smith said.