People of Pace: Kenzie Cueno

Back to Article
Back to Article

People of Pace: Kenzie Cueno

Summer Rogers, Staff Member

Many of our senior students have reached their last year of their “glory days.” Along with these last couple of months, seniors have numerous events held for them. Kenzie Cueno is one of the many seniors who participate in these events. One of the activities people attended was Senior Sunrise, “After Senior Sunrise my boyfriend and I went to Waffle House for breakfast,” Cueno said. A tradition for seniors is to make and wear crowns for pep rallies and games. “I printed out a Gucci print and put it all over my crown.  I also put jewels around the edges in red and green,” Cueno said. People say that high school will be over before you know it, but you don’t realize it until it is over, “Senior year is going by pretty well, but moving really fast. My favorite part of it is all the senior activities planned for us,” Cueno said. In these last few months seniors work to make sure these last memories count. “I’m fulfilling my senior year by focusing on what’s important and what will impact me later in life,” Cueno said. With endings come new beginnings and for some seniors that means college. “After high school I plan to attend college. I’m wanting to major in criminal psychology,” Cueno said. Planning for college means finding where you want to attend. “I’m planning college tours now such as Alabama, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Troy, and University of West Florida,” Cueno said. College is the next big step into the real world for some students. ”I’m excited about starting a new chapter and moving to a new point in my life,” Cueno said.