Beginning of the End

Summer Rogers

More stories from Summer Rogers

The Road to WGI
May 2, 2019
Back to Article
Back to Article

Beginning of the End

Now that summer break is officially over, students will take on their next academic school year. For many, this is the last year before reality hits. For others, this is just the beginning of their high school career. The first week can be both exciting, and nerve-racking for all. Senior, David Clark, is ready to take on his last year, “Honestly this ‘last first’ week is completely different from the rest. These past years the question was ‘How am I going to pass this class so that I can graduate?’ When senior year hits, you look at your friends and your classmates differently because you know that once this school year is over, you might not see them again,” Clark said.

This year’s freshmen class, the class of 2023, is the biggest class our school has ever seen. Sadie Resmondo is one of many freshmen who are taking on this new chapter of school. “My first week of high school was really fun. Jumping from middle school to high school has been amazing so far. We have so much more freedom and so many more chances to meet new people,” Resmondo said. Participating in clubs and extracurriculars can come in handy for those first day jitters. “Band gave me time to not only meet new people, but time to bond with them. I’ve gotten to know some of my best friends from band camp over the summer. It gave me a family before even stepping foot into a classroom,” Resmondo said.