Walther’s Field Trip

Madison Fendley

More stories from Madison Fendley

Back to Article
Back to Article

Walther’s Field Trip

Photo Credits: Kenna McKinley

Photo Credits: Kenna McKinley

Photo Credits: Kenna McKinley

Photo Credits: Kenna McKinley

On Friday, December sixth, David Walther took thirty of his students on an agricultural field trip to reward them for their hard work during the past semester. On the trip, students got to visit Holland Farms, Golden’s Cotton Gin, Walther’s house, and even made a special stop to see baby goats. After visiting Holland Farms for boiled peanuts, they stopped to see and hold baby goats. For some students like Jessalyn Stewart and Isabella Brammer, their favorite part of the trip was getting to hold the babies. “Holding a goat is what I imagined heaven to feel like,” said Stewart. “I reached nirvana when I laid eyes on the baby goats, and I’ve never gotten to touch a goat before, so it was amazing to hold the goats,” said Brammer. Other students preferred getting their hands dirty on the cotton bales at the cotton gin or horseback riding at Walther’s house. “My favorite part of the trip was climbing the cotton bales,” said Watson. Following free time and lunch at Walther’s house, some students got to ride horses around Walther’s property. “My favorite part about the field trip was riding Mr. Walther’s horses. It wasn’t my first time riding a horse, but it was nice because Mr. Walther has really pretty land,” said Mashava. As the semester comes to an end, Walther’s trip was a great opportunity for students to bond with classmates and reminisce on their time in Walther’s class. “I’ll miss Mr. Walther’s jokes next semester,” said Stewart. And Stewart isn’t the only one that will remember their time in Walther’s class. “I’m going to miss Mr. Walther because he was by far my favorite teacher this semester,” said Watson.